Sunday, March 6, 2011

Paperless Boarding Pass


Sunday, March 6th 2011. Good Sunday everyone! I am sorry it took me a while to edit a new post but I have been travelling back to Florence, my hometown in Italy and then I got food poisoned by some oysters I got in Dublin (Not gonna tell where...).

A big problem came out the day of my departure flight: my printer was broken and I needed to print my boarding pass. Panicking, because I was running late, I had to run into town (€3.70 for the bus and €1.40 for internet and black and white print), plus obviously more than an hour wasted and loads of CO2 emitted.

While I was cursing my printer for abandoning me in the wrongest time, I was thinking of new sustainable ways for boarding on planes, Ryanair included. I wondered if the boarding pass that in general we receive when Checkin-in online could have been read on the iphone by the scanners at the airport. And so it was!!

If you have a multimedia phone then, simply open your boarding pass (on general in pdf) on the phone and it works without any problem!

If you think that everyday over 3 million passengers board on planes around the world, there are at least 3 million boarding passes printed. That's a lot of CO2 and paper that can be saved....

No comments:

Post a Comment